Luminit LLC, a leading provider of optics for lighting, automotive, and display applications, is looking for an Industrial Manufacturing Engineer to design, develop, and optimize manufacturing methods while creating new inputs for ERP system modules. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. The position would be expected to perform as an individual contributor or project manager driving the ERP implementation in a product development environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support production to ensure products are built to specifications and write engineering documents
• Review and create accurate bills of materials, production drawings, and fixtures including all specifications for use in ERP system
• Ensure standardization and compliance with engineering, customer and company specification for processes employed in production
• Develop and manage process documentation across multiple product lines
• Ability to split manufacturing support over more than one product line and manufacturing area, and support multiple programs or production managers
• Define and create standards for labor, manufacturing data, equipment utilization, and material consumption to support ERP implementation
Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of industrial and manufacturing experience for consumer electronics or optical systems is preferred.
• Experience with Solid works (preferred), FMEA, tolerance analysis, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
• Experience with ERP implementation
• Experience in a manufacturing environment supporting high volume production lines
• Versed in 6 sigma concepts
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and five years of engineering experience in manufacturing and industrial engineering.
Status: Full-time exempt
Location: Torrance, CA
Travel: Up to 25%