Luminit LLC is a leading provider of optics for lighting, automotive, and display applications. Luminit is looking for a Mechanical/Automation Engineer to develop and improve process tooling and develop automation for optical recording and other related manufacturing processes. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Position would be expected to perform as an individual contributor driving the development of manufacturing automation in a product development environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and refine tooling for manufacturing processes & metrology.
- Support qualification and maintenance of automated equipment
- Drive changes in tooling design to allow for improved automated processes
- Develop new automation concepts and specifications with inputs from a cross-functional team
- Design automation for products and assemblies using knowledge of their opto-mechanical function, electronic controls, actuators, mechanical systems, and operator interfaces
- Identify and specify best in class automated equipment for purchasing
- Develop equipment acceptance tests and collaborate with vendors to modify equipment as needed
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in automation for consumer electronics, or optical systems is preferred.
- Experience with Solid works
,LabVIEW, FMEA, tolerance analysis, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GDT)
- Design experience with complete machine/system design
- Experience in designing automation for manufacturing
- Versed in 6 sigma concepts
- Skilled in data analysis and process qualification
- Experience in design and building of prototypes
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline and five years of engineering experience in automation.
Luminit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
US citizenship or permanent residency visa are required due to ITAR restricted work in our facilities.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org