Skip to main content
Volumetric Light Shaping Diffusers (VLSD)
Luminit Level Performance
Luminit Volumetric Light Shaping Diffusers incorporate volumetric diffusion technology that offers high optical efficiency and excellent hiding power. With prices as low as thin film, VLSD is an affordable option for diffusing recessed downlights, troffers, lighting pendants, and other types of ceiling fixtures. These high-quality and ridged diffusers are made of .75mm thick PMMA (acrylic) VLSDs and are available in large 2 x 8-foot sheets.
Now available on 1.5mm substrate with diffusion angles of 5, 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 degrees, VLSD outperforms standard bulk diffusers and is ideal for LED light panels, luminaries, hanging pendants, wall washers and outdoor/indoor architectural fixtures.
Benefits of Luminit’s Volumetric Light Shaping Diffusers
• High optical efficiency
• Enhanced LED hiding power
• Improved even lighting for new or existing fluorescent and LED fixtures
• Lightweight and impact resistant
• UV stable PMMA
• Easily thermoformed
Applications for Luminit’s Volumetric Light Shaping Diffusers
• Linear recessed fixtures up to 8-feet long
• LED light panels, down light, linear fixtures, and pendants and back lights
• Temperature Range: -30° C to 80° C
• Refractive Index: 1.49
• Transmission Efficiency: 70% up to 93%* (depending on beam angle)
• Haze: Up to 98%
• Beam Angle: 64⁰ FWHM
*Note that the specifications contained herein are subject to change without notice.
Please fill out the following for full access to Luminit documents and data sheets.